We have been fighting in a Spiritual warfare this year more than usual. We have seen how this has been seen in the children’s behavior at school and in the homes. We have been praying much as we realize that we are up against the forces of darkness. Praise the Lord, about 10 days ago there was a spiritual break-through. The Lord has set the people free from this dark cloud that has been over us. The rebellious children’s behavior is radically changed and they are attending class. Not only is there a change with the children but also among the adults there is a change according to Hoppy. We encourage you to stand with us as we face these onslaughts.
We have been thinking on how we may provide more education support for the children. As what seems to us to be an answer to prayer, a missionary based in Cape Town, who has had a special ministry in the education area, in the last several years in the farm lands in Western Cape, is willing to see how she may assist. I have solicited her support to review our situation and provide recommendations. When she is available to come in January for three weeks, she will meet the children to assist them and to train the house mothers as well as other staff involved. An exploratory and introductory visit will occur in early October, shortly after I and my wife have arrived.
The team from Red Bank Baptist church had a very powerful impact on the people they ministered to. Hoppy is very grateful for teams that come. They visited 2 high schools and shared Christ with the students (learners). The 2 team pastors lead 20 pastors/lay leaders in a 3 day course on discipleship. This was very well received and there is an indication that the same leaders may come once a year for a repeat session.
Another matter that has been on our minds the last several years is how we may engage some more permanent ministry support for pastor Hoppy. As the mission is growing, more leadership resource is inevitably needed. A possibility has opened up and we ask our friends to pray for this. The Lord's clear guidance is sought. More in another update.
In early August, there was a great celebration and excitement in the Church. Every year they have a service of thanksgiving, celebrating that God has taken them from the garbage dump and brought them to Amalinda Forest. It was a very moving, humbling service. It was also a children dedication: 25 children. Picture 1 shows part of the dedication. Picture 2 shows those who received a their new uniform, warm clothing for the cold winter.
The spiritual movement among the young continues and it is very exciting. Hoppy says: Please pray for the older folks to be more accommodating.
Biko Village (a.k.a. Chicken Farm) and New Life
Awaiting news about the application to acquire the land we found on the New Life village map. Pastor Luzuko reported through Hoppy that he has two home Bible studies ongoing now.
The US team spent an afternoon there and had a outreach with the children. This is the first time that there has been a children outreach. Over 120 children came. Praise the Lord for the team!
Hoppy has started planning for his annual overseas trip. Tentative departure on October 19, going to Tampa, Fl, first and ending in Colorado in December.
1. The Lord's continued provision and blessings.
2. The faithfulness of the 4 XGM pastors in preaching the Word.
3. The Home Mothers for their passion for children.
4. The AIDS home caregivers diligence in caring for the patients.
5. The social worker working with the children and care givers.
6. The teams from the USA willing to come to minister in various ways.
7. The many children having heard the Gospel.
8. The two home Bible studies in Biko village.
1. The ongoing Vision of reaching into areas around East London
2. The Pastors to be strong in the Word and to keep preaching the Truth.
3. For land in Khayalitsha and Biko/ New life to enable church and school building constructions.
4. And a home for the Luzuko family in the area.
5. The possible education support.
6. Support of the ongoing ministry of XGM and the added social worker.
7. Wisdom for Hoppy as he heads up the mission.
8. Children to get well bodily, mentally, spiritually.
9. More support for the many children to do better in the schools.
10. Safe arrival of Hoppy's grand daughter anticipated in October.
11. Establishing cooperation with the sound, healthy, Christian alternative to traditional manhood ritual.
12. For Clara, one of the long-serving house mothers, that the doctors will provide the best treatment for her cancer.
13. For the young pastor who will explore ministry possibilities together with Hoppy.
2Attached Images in email to be sent on request