Kulanathi foster care children singing during two new homes opening celebration event.
Most recent update: February 12, 2019
- Click here for newsletters & media!
- A non-profit "umbrella" company is recently formed and registered in South Africaq, called Manyanani Mission. The Xhosa word means "together" and "unity". A purpose statement can be seen here. The USA group is still called Xhosa Gospel Mission, a non-profit entity under relevant IRS rules.
- Check out updated page under "Other - Volunteer"
- You can sponsor a child! Click here. 35 children are in the care of Khulanathi Children's homes, locally registered.
- All six homes are operating.
- Pastor Luzuko is making progress with the Biko village church planting campaign; still searching for a home in the village.
- Bakery in operation at the Amalinda Forest compound producing inexpensive bread and cookies for sale.
- Sewing classes held and students now make dresses plus other items, such as pillows.
- Computer literacy classes have begun.
- Praying about woodworking classes for teenagers in our homes.
What the Mission is All About
Xhosa Gospel Mission is dedicated to the well-being of the Xhosa people in East London, Eastern Cape, South Africa, through presenting of the Gospel and striving to help people meet basic needs of health, education, and training, motivated by the love of God.
Xhosa Gospel Mission has launched the following projects:
-AIDS care home in Scenery Park: "House of Mercy". Space for 6 patients. Outpatients visitations.
-Preschools in Scenery Park, Amalinda Forest, Kayalitscha townships and more, all in the East London neighborhood areas
-Khulanathi foster care homes (we call them Children's homes)
-Church plants, construction and upgrades of many buildings
-Local Pastors mentoring & training
-Children outreach meetings
-Bakery training in a converted building in Amalinda Forest Church compound.
-Computer literacy training
Pastor Hoppy Pohlmann Explains Further:
The above video is captioned. Click play, then 'cc' in the bottom part of the screen for captions.
East London location